Wednesday, November 4, 2015

New knits...

Hi all!  I made some quick knits (my favorite kind).

First is Butterick 5753.  I made letter D:


It was super easy and only takes like a yard of fabric.  Here it is:


I like this top because it can work for both hot and cold temps.  The sleeve hems are a little funky but I hope no one notices.

Here's a close up of the fabric (kind of tiger stripes?):


Next, I made McCall's 6161:


Dubbed a 1 hour dress, it was a breeze to put together.  Now I don't do separate cowls, so I attached a cowl like collar to the dress (I do this all the time.  Why won't pattern makers get the hint?)  It sits a little weird because of this but I think it's okay.


It's not a very shapely dress but I can't wait to pair it with some leggins and boots and winter it up a bit.  I just adore this fabric.  It's also surprisingly warm and beyond comfortable which was lucky for 200¥/meter.

Anyway, that's all for today.  I'll have another knit for you another time (soon) and I may just sneak back to the fabric store and get some more fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment