Saturday, November 2, 2013

Simplicity 1805...

Hello!  Happy Sewing Sunday!

First of all I want to express how much I hate patterns sized S -XL (or any variation of that).  Through trial and error I've found that in order for anything I make to fit properly, I need to sew a size down because my size doesn't officially exist.  Anyway this has worked everywhere except for patterns sized S -XL (or any variation of that).  Usually McCall's does this a lot.  I thought that I would just follow the same strategy that I had previously mastered.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work.  So I size up when I encounter McCall's S -XL (or any variation of that).

Simplicity 1805 is sized XXS - XXL and great I thought, I got this.  Unfortunately, I didn't "got this."  The size I made is a bit too big for my tastes.  However, it is super comfortable (can't argue there) and can be cinched with a belt for a more fitted style.

Here's the pattern:


I made top D but I used the band from E for the bottom to make it into a tunic.

Fabric:


(A super temperamental knit but I can't really argue as it was $2 a yard.  Also, I know the flowers look yellow but they are white.  Bad lighting.)

Here's my top:


I think it would be cute with some leggins.

And here it is cinched:


Super quick and easy to make.  I'm going to tackle this again later albeit in a smaller size next time.  Meanwhile, I have a super comfy top.

No comments:

Post a Comment