Generally my experience with Butterick is that it's always too big. This pattern is multi-sized which is another sewing red flag for me. Since I've lost a lot of weight this year, I didn't know exactly what my size was before attempting my Halloween costume. Before I was making 16, 18 and sometimes 20. Now I'm making 14 and sometimes 12. This pattern I bought a long time ago so I bought the larger size. I attempted to cut it down to the M size. I suppose it worked because it turned out nice. (I had to hurry to get this done despite cutting it out what seems like a million years ago because my sewing room will be commandeered by my best friend who'll be staying here for Christmas and New Year's.)
Anyway, here's the pattern:
I made D which this time stands for dress.
Here's how it turned out:
It's cute even though the pockets sit a little weird. I am, however, super in love with the collar:
That's it for this year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I'll start sewing again next year.