Friday, December 22, 2017

Butterick 6388...

Generally my experience with Butterick is that it's always too big.  This pattern is multi-sized which is another sewing red flag for me.  Since I've lost a lot of weight this year, I didn't know exactly what my size was before attempting my Halloween costume.  Before I was making 16, 18 and sometimes 20.  Now I'm making 14 and sometimes 12.  This pattern I bought a long time ago so I bought the larger size.  I attempted to cut it down to the M size.  I suppose it worked because it turned out nice.  (I had to hurry to get this done despite cutting it out what seems like a million years ago because my sewing room will be commandeered by my best friend who'll be staying here for Christmas and New Year's.)

Anyway, here's the pattern:


I made D which this time stands for dress.

Here's how it turned out:


It's cute even though the pockets sit a little weird.  I am, however, super in love with the collar:


That's it for this year.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  I'll start sewing again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment