Saturday, January 2, 2010

First of the new year...

I'm afraid the massive onslaught of sewing is going to slow tremendously in a few days when I go back to work.  :(

I love my job.  I really do but staying home with nothing to do but sew and cook make me happypants.

Would you believe my luck when my trip to Joann's yesterday warranted four new patterns because McCall's is on sale for 99 cents!

Anyway, this is officially the first 2010 project (made yesterday):



I'm sure you know just by looking that I fell in love with this fabric immediately. 

From this pattern:




McCall's like Simplicity has something similar to Project Runway with these Create It! patterns.  I can't tell you how much I hate patterns that list each segment separately.  Seriously pick one of these up and you too will be annoyed.

I made this today (please forgive the unfinished hem):



Funny thing.   The Beatle boots I'm wearing in the above picture I got at Goodwill today for $5.  That was after I bought the above fabric.  Well, I had forgotten about the fabric and when compared lo and behold they match pretty well.  So I guess the Beatle boots were destined to come home with me.  :)

From this pattern:



I have one more cut out but I don't have elastic to finish it.  Next week I have new Joann's coupons too.  I'm having the best vacation!

5 comments:

  1. You are doing such a great job! I love all the new clothes you have! I am jealous that you are knocking these out of the park and yet I can't seem to comlpete one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks! It's amazing what time off can do for a hobby!

    Why aren't you completing anything? :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lolita is waiting for her projects to complete themselves, dontcha know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea for no work and sewing!! My goal is to totally make me a whole new wardrobe with my new serger!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think between everything I've made and Goodwill I have a new wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete