Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Today's accomplishments...

My back hurts.  No, that's not really an accomplishment.

But this is:


How could I not fall madly in love with this fleur de lis cardi?  Obviously, I did but I soon noticed there were button issues.  I think (more than anything else) age and use contributed to this gem ending up at Goodwill.  Note the tiny buttons I removed.  The buttonholes were too stretched for those little ones so I ordered some new magnificent fleur de lis buttons and voilà!  Perfection!

I also made a top today with my favorite fabric, knit.


Apparently, when I try to take one handed photos anymore, it's too blurry.  :/  But at least you can see the sleeve detail.

From Butterick 5497:


And here's the close-up of the fabric:


What do you think?  I didn't realize the fabric was so sheer!  But I like it otherwise.

1 comment: