Friday, September 13, 2013

September means...

Hi all!  Long time no sew eh?  I had a bit of a rough patch and didn't feel much like sewing anything.  Plus, I also got heavy into gardening which took a lot of time, effort and energy. 

Needless to say after cleaning out my closet and being surrounded by piles of clothes I thought "Hey I need to f-ing sew something."  I may or may not have said those exact words (out loud...to an empty house).

Well, it's September and you know what that means.  It means it's time to start working on that obscure Halloween costume no one will understand.  (Or maybe one person will.)

If you know me at all you know that costuming is kind of a big deal to me and I don't let anyone know anything until the costume debuts.  Over the years, I've acquired many tattoos which means to costume properly (especially when playing a character) they have to be covered.  When I saw this one, I knew I HAD to do it and it (hopefully) wouldn't be a difficult endeavor.  I actually purchased the pattern and fabric last December when I went home for Christmas.  It's been on my mind since then.

Anyway, without further adieu, here's a fabric hint:


That's all you get for now.  I'll check in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment