Friday, January 8, 2016

Simplicity 1080...

When I first saw Simplicity 1080, I knew I had to have it.

Am I right?  So cute!  I wanted to make dress C look exactly like the pattern envelope.  However, I couldn't find floral gray fabric.  I gave up and went with black and pink.

I made a couple slight changes to the pattern.  I wrapped the neck and sleeves in the same bias tape that surrounds the pockets.  It adds a nice additional contrast, and I had left over after the pockets.  (Also, I had no idea what the directions were telling me to do with the neck and sleeves.)  You can't see it in the photo but there is a definite crease in the fabric on the fold.  This has happened before and I was not happy to see this, but there was nothing I could do.

This dress was easy and it took only a few hours to make.  Aside from that crease I'm happy with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment