Saturday, November 4, 2017

The Great Pants Project 2017...

I'm in the midst of making all the pants I made last year fit me now.  First I took on these which were a real pain because the material is a little stretchy and it took forever to get them to fit me properly.

The picture on the left was taken a year and two months ago.

The lighting is different as it's a different room in a different house (in a different city no less), but I guarantee you these are the same pants.  I'm glad they fit now.  You can see the original work here.

Using that same pattern I had cut these pants out around the same time but they didn't fit when I tried them on at that time, but now, of course, they were too big so this is the second pair I took in.

(No before pic of these pants because I never finished them.  Also, I'm pretty sure I have no idea which side the zipper actually goes on.)

Finally, the last ones I fixed for today were these:

I took a picture of me wearing these pants just for fun.  Trust me, they are the same pants.  These weren't so difficult to fix since the zipper was in the middle and I didn't have to mess with it at all.  (Here's the original work.)

Here's a better view:

(Yes, these are the same pants!  Hard to believe I know.)

My back is killing me, so I'm calling it a night.  I now have three pairs of pants that fit me perfectly just in time for colder weather.

Edit: Today I finished the last pair of pants.

Here's the original work.

There's one more pair of pants to fix but they have a double elastic waist, so I probably won't fix them for a while.  Plus, they are not winter wear.

I'm glad to have a nice stock pile of pants now!

No comments:

Post a Comment