Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pain in my...

Yeah this shirt was a huge pain.  I messed up the collar and had to redo the whole thing.  Then I messed up the sleeves.  Then I forgot how to use my machine's buttonhole apparatus (since it's been ages).  Sheesh!  Also, I have no idea where these cute size buttons came from but I love them!

Anyway I like the way it turned out:

It's from McCall's 6159:

Which is totally a girl's pattern btw but they had girl's plus sizes.  I don't think the shirt I made looks little girly at all.  I did make some changes though.  I did away with the chest pockets.  Yuck.  I didn't add the sleeve tabs and I also didn't slit the sleeves.  In addition, I added another button at the top because without it the collar fell open funny.

I think it turned out cute but I wanted to do another project tonight and now after that agony I don't feel like it.  Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment