Monday, August 29, 2016

"Abby, come and get your sandwich, come and get your sandwich please" Part 2...

Oh we've been busy around here.  Unfortunately, not busy making Holtzmann clothes.  The other kind of busy. 

On a side note, I'm so glad I can sew.  It lets me geek out to levels not everyone can reach.

Perhaps you remember Part 1 of this series.  If not, you can reread here.

All caught up?  The Holtzmann Abby's Possession outfit is done and done.  I'm so happy with this outfit.  I'm also rather impressed with my skills (just don't look at the inside of the garments).

For Holtzy's vest I used New Look 6914:


You can use any pattern but, if you use this one, make A because the other ones are shorty vests.  This pattern was pretty easy to make, no problems with construction.


I used some silver buttons because I'm cool like that but holy hell 6 buttonholes!  I almost had a heart attack.  (Buttonholes are probably my least favorite thing to sew).  I think this vest looks fantastic!  It might be too early to say but so far this is my favorite Holtzmann outfit.

Now if you scrutinize the YouTube videos like I did, you'll find that the vest is actually a different color (and possibly a silky texture) gray in the back, so of course, my vest is almost the same.


Also, Holtzmann's vest has a back buckle belt.  You're in luck because this pattern does too, therefore, so does mine.

This is the best picture I could get:


(Her shirt looks green there.)  My vest back isn't silky like hers though.  I used just a basic gray suiting for the back.  You can see the back buckle when they fall to the ground after Patty hoists Holtzmann through the window.

Here's the whole finished product:


What a difference a clean mirror makes!  I'm standing on a towel because you don't wear shoes indoors in Japan...ever.  You might be interested to note these are not the shoes that she wears with this outfit (those shoes are currently in the US).  The shoes I'm wearing in this photo go with the "Rhythm of the Night" outfit.  I think I must have had some bloat going on when I first made the pants.  For some reason they fit better now.  I still don't have the right shirt to go with this outfit.  Is it like a turquoise color or green?  See that picture above really confused me.  I guess I'll just have to go see the movie again.  ;)

Holtzmann has a couple more vests in the movie, so this would make a good pattern for those as well.

That's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment