Monday, September 5, 2016

"Rhythm of the Night" Part 1...

Perhaps you remember this iconic scene when Holtzmann dances to DeBarge's Rhythm of the Night even though Abby didn't mean to "DeBarge in".

If not, look at this GIF.  Look at it for a long time.  It's okay.  I'll wait.


Finished?  Need more time?  Take all the time you need.

Okay, when you're back to reading, I made some pants I'd like to share with you.  To get Holtzmann's wide leg high waist vintage look, I went to Burda.

I used this pattern (Burda 6817):


Once I figured out what size to cut, assembling this was no problem.  (However, I cut another pair of pants out using a dramatically different fabric and they didn't fit, so I clearly do not understand Burda patterns.)

They turned out pretty good (the zipper bunches a little but that could be my inexperience as a seamstress).  (Uh...about those Spanx I still need...)


Now these shoes are outfit correct.  I bought mine on eBay.  Make sure you get brown and white as those are screen accurate.


That's all for today.  Stay tuned for "Rhythm of the Night" Parts 2 & 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment